Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hi Pi(e) Guy (or Gal)...A Brief Interlude

So the pi(e) person is back and had this to say if you didn't already see it in the comments of the last post:

Blogger PiLover said...

Couldnt figure out whos picurious huh?Some profesor!You still need more pictures but some of these scrabble ladies sound hot. Lets hear more about Galen and less about you getting your but kicked.

Wow. I am both fascinated and horrified here. Some initial observations. I am assuming this is the same person as PiCurious perhaps after having an account deleted. Or maybe their relationship with pastry and/or that special mathematical marvel has progressed from curiosity to love in the past couple days. A more ominous possibility looms, though. What if there is a whole family or community or shadowy clandestine organization comprised of Pi(e) people? They imply in their post that somehow I should have known who PiCurious was. That would seem to mean it is someone close to me and that my chilling "Aunt Gladys Theory" may have some merit. I have asked everyone I know whether they are the mysterious PiCurious though? No one was willing to fess up. So either someone is lying and keeping their special pi(e) peccadilloes in the closet, or the Pi(e) person/people is pretending (try saying that three times, fast or otherwise) to be one of my peeps (this means family or friends Gladys...) I also noticed that much of the punctuation is missing, as if the person writing was, umm, in a hurry. I also was cheated out of a 's' in my professor title and my butt lost a 't' in the hands of this maniac. I understand their overall point to be females="interesting" and my life="boring". Well that is probably true, but I don't know what I can do about it. I don't foresee a ladies of scrabble calendar in the near future. Maybe a stuffed animals of scrabble calendar, but I'm not comfortable objectifying anything or anyone that is not, well, an inanimate object. I remain hopeful that my blog may have some content for the Pi(e) people out there who apparently are my main audience (or at least the ones who actually comment). Maybe we can work out a compromise. I could relate what happens when Galen specifically kicks my butt. There are certainly enough times to choose from. In the meanwhile, I'm begging you dear readers, make your voices heard and don't let the Pi(e) special interest group hijack this innocent blog. Thank you specifically Peggy for making your voice of (relative) sanity heard. This has got to be a team effort though. Fight the P(i)ower!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, although I like pie, I'm more of a cobbler gal myself - Peach, apple, any kind of berry (within reason). Pastries aside, I'm interested in your teaching/educational experience. Did it include punctuation? I know you live for scrabble, and scrabble does not have punctuation, but really. Those who love you just want you to admit you have a problem. We can start from there. Although, with Scrabble possibly including the apostrophe and the dash in the future, there may come some improvement. Cobblergal can only hope and pray, and erase the red marks off her screen.

nighteyes18jp said...

Wow! I feel like I have fallen back in time here....the weird creepy guys sneaking in at a lower level just to be the biggest winner...the little old ladies who seem so nice and calm and grandmotherly, only to turn into green haired bookies when the time comes to counting the winnings....ahhhhhhh there's nothing like the thrill of watching a tounament....LOL Thanks for reminding me of the good ole days...I miss those long hours in the car chatting about the upcoming tounrnament and/or the fact that we should have turned about an hour earlier only to find we are in the wrong state! O.o

Professor P (Inman) said...

Finally, a person I actually know has posted on the blog. Good to hear from you nighteyes. Don't worry I won't reveal your secret identity to the pie fiends that have flocked to this sight like moths to umm, a really bright burning pie... I will try to call tomorrow and we can catch up some more.